News from the IHLS Transition Board
Board actions at the April 25 meeting were the adoption of:
- the work week and paid holidays for the IHLS
- the Membership Grievance Policy
- the Freedom of Information Procedures
- the Resource Sharing Policy
- the LLSAP Funds Policy
- Staffing Assumptions and
- Compensated Absence and Sick Leave Resolution
The Board also reviewed the bid documents for the Medical, Dental, Life, Vision and Employee Assistance Program that have been posted.
Board actions at the May 9th meeting included:
- a report from the nominating committee
- report from the search committee
- adoption of resolution on employment definitions
- adoption of resolution on system salary scales
- adoption of resolution on fund descriptions
- the position descriptions, annual plan and budget for FY 2012 were reviewed by the Board.
The Board has decided to change the May 26 and June 30 meetings from videoconference to face-to-face meetings. They will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn in Effingham.
The June 9th meeting will also be face-to-face at the Hilton Garden Inn in Effingham.
The ballot for the election of the first Board of the Illinois Heartland Library System has been sent to member libraries. Each library has one vote. The ballot can be viewed on CooperationToday and also the IHLS website. The deadline for voting is Monday May 23.
The Illinois State Library had notified Illinois Heartland that its Application to Merge has been accepted. This is the second milestone in the merger process. The final step is the submission of the System Area and Per Capita Grant that is due to the State Library on June 1st.
Beverly J. Obert, Executive Director of Rolling Prairie Library System